6 hours on board your vessel. Conducted by one of our Captains covering:
- Boat Handling
- Safety Gear
- Launching & Retrieving
- Safety Obligations
- Safety Regulations
- Trip Planning
- Safety Equipment
- Offshore Boating & Bar Crossing
- Murphy’s Law and more
- And the big thing navigating your local area
- One on one custom course
FULL DAY FAMILIARISATION – $1000
Spend a few hours completing the theory component online at home, in your own time, at your own pace (see our link online learning) (this replaces time spent in the classroom).
- You will need to REGISTER.
- Create a PASSWORD.
- Choose “FULL DAY FAMILIARISATION” from the course selections.
- You will then receive an email confirmation / verification
- Click on the link in this email and you can then go in and pay for and start your course.
- You will need to watch the videos, read the information and complete the theory questions.
- You will need to get a “tick” in each box of each section, before you will be able to proceed to the next section.
- If you have any answers that are incorrect (you MUST have 100% in order to obtain your “Completion Certificate”).
- You may simply re-watch the video / read the information and make another attempt to answer the question correctly.
Our ONLINE LEARNING course works best using GOOGLE “CHROME” as your Web Browser.
Please remember to write down your UserName and Password and keep it as reference for each time you Log-In.
ONLINE THEORY component of the course is $15 – pay via PAYPAL, debit OR credit card.
At the completion of your ONLINE LEARNING course, you are required to print out your “Certificate of Completion” and bring this with you to your on-site course.
Please also bring a completed “Application Form” and “Medical Fitness Disclosure Document” with you to your ON-SITE course.
ONLINE THEORY at home must be completed before commencement of your on-site course.
You must commence your on-site practical training, theory assessment and practical assessment within three (3) months of completing your ONLINE THEORY course at home.
You will practise:
- Man Overboard Drill
- Safely Approach a Floating Object
- Port and Starboard Turn on and off the plane
- Figure of 8 Manoeuvre on and off the plane
- Berthing and Unberthing
- General Navigation and Control of the Boat
- Operate at 6 knots or less
At lunch time, we provide a break and then it’s onto the THEORY ASSESSMENT (50 questions / multiple choice).
After lunch and the THEORY ASSESSMENT, you will then be given the opportunity to be assessed in all of the on-water exercises practised throughout the morning. You will need to complete each exercise to the “BOAT Competency Standards” to be marked as “Competent”.
It will be your decision as to whether you feel you are ready to undertake the assessments. And, in some cases, extra training (one or more sessions) may be required in order to be competent for Assessment. Should you choose to move forward with Assessment and are deemed “not competent”, you will be required to book additional Training as well as an additional Assessment.
To BOOK your theory exam and practical on-water training & assessments click our link OR on the red “BOOK NOW” button on the right side of this page. Choose your location, number of attendees, check availability and book your preferred location (pay via PAYPAL, debit OR credit card).
See each of our individual locations for addresses and maps of our locations in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast.